Title: Youth Digital Campaigns Manager
Reports To: National Organizing Director
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
Protecting our environment requires massive grassroots support. In nine states, LCV has developed a powerful volunteer organizing structure engaging more than 42,000 volunteers across the country to make phone calls, knock on doors, attend events and advocate on behalf of climate action. Our programs focus on building support for reducing carbon emissions, raising awareness about the need to address climate change and helping to elect pro-environment candidates to office.
LCV is seeking a Youth Digital Campaigns Manager to help LCV reach and engage with more millennials and young people, with a focus on building and engaging LCV’s overall online and offline youth community. The Youth Digital Campaigns Manager will join a hard-working, skilled, and growing Campaigns Department, working closely with LCV’s Membership & Online Engagement Department. The Youth Digital Campaigns Manager will play an integral role in developing objectives and strategies to grow and engage the millennial online community via social media, email, mobile, online advocacy, online fundraising and help bridge the online-to-offline activist program. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative writer and culturally knowledgeable individual. The Youth Digital Campaigns Manager should have a complex understanding of younger communities, an unwavering commitment to racial justice, and derive inspiration from the leadership of everyday people who stand up and stand together for the health of their families, communities, and our planet.
- Collaborate closely with the Campaigns and Membership and Organizing teams on the national and state digital strategy for youth engagement, and work independently to execute day-to-day tasks.
- Help achieve LCV’s strategic goals of diversifying our audience. Lead the acquisition strategy to meet LCV’s ambitious youth engagement goals.
- Work with the social media manager to engage and grow our youth online community, including day-to-day execution.
- Work with the organizing team to amplify on-the-ground actions and further develop a young activist base.
- Write compelling, creative, engaging copy.
- Work with the Data & Targeting Manager and Associate Digital Campaigns Manager to analyze data on the acquisition of new youth activists and draw actionable insights to inform future strategy.
- Identify creative campaign opportunities to mobilize activist base and promote action on climate change, conservation, and environmental justice.
- Work with Climate Action programs to support local and statewide campaigns and conservation work.
- Work closely with LCV’s graphic designer to create visually compelling and shareable graphics.
- Participate actively in applying a racial justice lens to all LCV online communications with an increased emphasis on member education of issues, environmental or otherwise, where communities of color are disproportionately impacted.
- Engage supporters and potential supporters on all levels of the marketing funnel. Find new opportunities for growth of our grassroots base, including moving supporters from online to offline actions.
- Work experience: 2-3 years of proven experience in online organizing, email advocacy, and/or online fundraising. Experience working across lines of race and class. Experience in a political context, progressive, or environmental organization strongly preferred.
- Skills: Excellent oral and written communications skills. Forward thinking, innovative, and creative mindset willing to push LCV to new boundaries in the online space and in relation to environmental justice. Experience using online tools to engage and mobilize a membership base. A strong belief in every day peoples’ ability to affect change and their fundamental right to be heard by decision makers and to influence the policies and decisions that affect their community. A sense of teamwork and community; highly organized and interested in environmental or community issues desirable. Experience with CRM, CMS, and HTML coding skills a bonus.
- Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Conditions: This position is based in Washington, D.C. but qualified candidates outside of D.C. are welcome to apply.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Youth Digital Campaigns Manager” in the subject line by November 15, 2018. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive, and Equitable Workplace