Title: Digital Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Online Systems
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
The Digital Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the continued success of LCV’s email fundraising program including fundraising copywriting, social media fundraising ads, testing, and other duties related to digital fundraising.
The Digital Coordinator is also responsible for coordinating the ongoing maintenance of the GiveGreen website as well as online fundraising for the GiveGreen slate of candidates. Started in 2009, the GiveGreen program has raised and contributed more than $17 million to environmental champions.
- Writes, edits, and routes compelling campaign content including emails, social media posts, landing pages and actions to engage supporters to contribute to endorsed candidates and LCV’s online campaign efforts.
- Identifies opportunities for high impact online fundraising campaigns for GiveGreen as well for LCV, LCV Action Fund, and LCV Victory Fund.
- Designs and implements test plans, metrics and segmentation for A/B and multivariate split tests for fundraising emails and website content.
- Code and test HTML and CSS emails using email management software; review and edit emails to ensure quality.
- Troubleshoots issues with the GiveGreen website by proactively reaching out to donors who have experienced contribution errors and reactively to any donors who reach out to other staff.
- Work with our vendor, Blue State Digital, to troubleshoot major issues as they pertain to webpages and donations, if necessary
- Monitors news about GiveGreen priority candidates as well as LCV activities to identify potential fundraising campaign opportunities.
- Conduct research for new technologies and tactics for online engagement as needed.
- Work with vendors, consultants and contractors to implement online campaigns.
- Work with Data Manager to ensure donations are moving between databases.
- Reviews and screens all pending donations.
- Maintains and set ups GiveGreen fundraising pages; maps relevant segments to CRM for donation tracking.
- Maintains the GiveGreen email calendar to meet project fundraising projections.
- Assists external users with questions about using the site.
- Works with legal team to track compliance related data for email sends.
- Reviews GiveGreen site and materials through a racial justice and equity lens to ensure our work has a positive impact on front line communities and communities of color.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
Work experience: 2-3 years of demonstrable success in online organizing, email advocacy, and /or online fundraising. Experience in a political context, preferably in a progressive or environmental organization.
Skills: Excellent oral and written communications skills with strong editing skills required; proven ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work in a fast pace environment with great attention to detail. Proficient using HTML and CSS to code emails for multiple email clients. Initiative, energy, and judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; highly organized and interest in environmental issues or electoral work desirable. Must have a commitment to metrics and tracking progress; Spanish language skills a plus.
Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
Conditions: Able to work overtime as needed to fulfill mission. Ability and willingness to travel. The position is based in D.C.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Digital Coordinator in the subject line by July 17, 2018. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive, and Equitable Workplace