Title: Deputy Field Director, Member Mobilization
Reports To: National Organizing Director
Positions Reporting To This Position: State Field Directors
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) seeks to hire a Deputy Field Director to mobilize LCV members across the country, including volunteer advocacy and electoral field programs. As part of LCV’s advocacy organizing team and reporting to the National Field Director, the position will work closely with the field and data staff, and learn LCV’s organizing, reporting and data integrity systems. The position will also serve as the lead field staffer for LCV’s GreenRoots program, LCV’s electoral member mobilization program. In this role, the position will develop and implement coordinated electoral field plans, metrics and budgets, coordinate and collaborate with candidate campaigns, craft materials and training programs and manage the execution of the program. This position is temporary and runs through the end of 2018.
• Work closely with LCV staff to develop and implement field plans to engage LCV members to volunteer across the country.
• Manage relationships with progressive allies and candidate campaigns.
• Manage and track Greenroots electoral program budget, set goals and establish staff infrastructure to ensure goals are met.
• Work closely with data team to set data infrastructure and track metric goals.
• Collaborate with data team to analyze metrics and present field progress to LCV leadership.
• Ensure compliance and reporting of all coordinated electoral field-related electoral activities working with Legal and Finance Division.
• Shares LCVs commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
• Develop member mobilization plans that engage racially, gender and age diverse volunteers.
• Other duties as assigned.
o Minimum of 5 years of campaign, field or volunteer organizing experience. Must have 2 cycles of hiring, training and managing field staff experience.
Skills and responsibilities
o Strong written and oral communication skills;
o Strong organizing and management skills;
o Highly detail-oriented;
o Ability to represent LCV to a variety of allies and audiences;
o Experience collaborating with coalitions;
o Creative and aggressive in pursuing organizing opportunities;
o Commitment to metrics and accurate tracking of data;
o Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite, VAN; other field tools a plus.
o Ability to work beyond standard office hours and prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment to get the job done. This position is based in Washington, D.C. with some required travel.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 4, 2018 with “Deputy Field Director, Member Mobilization” in the subject line. No calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive and Equitable Workplace