Title: Data & Analytics Manager
Reports to: Analytics & Data Director
Positions Reporting to this Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
The LCV Education Fund advocates for strong environmental protections, organizes communities to speak up about their environmental values, and engages people in the democratic process in order to enact strong environmental laws.
The Data & Analytics Department makes decisions about which voters and members of the general public are likely to be engaged on environmental issues, and maintains voter file information that permits the organization to educate the public and motivate supporters to become active civic participants in an efficient manner. The Data & Analytics Manager will work with the Campaigns Department, Policy & Lobbying Department, Membership Department, Development Department, the Community and Civic Engagement Department and the state LCVs to develop and oversee data and targeting related activities on issues and elections. We are seeking a strategic thinker who can help LCV and LCVEF utilize data and analytics to engage environmentally-minded citizens across the country and build support for environmental priorities.
The Data & Analytics Manager is instrumental to this process. On a daily basis, s/he will:
- Serve as the main point of contact for state league partner organizations with questions about voter files and targeting
- Assist state league partners in establishing program and targeting goals, including identifying and coordinating opportunities for program data analysis
- Manage state league data requests, and aggressively collect and organize data from state league partners
- Generate, manage and track voter, membership and volunteer lists for LCV and LCVEF programs, including mailings and online outreach, in a fast-paced campaign setting
- Work with Membership Department and Development Department to synchronize data across departments
- Manage relationships with voter file, data, analytics and technology vendors, and serve as a liaison to other organizations that LCV and LCVEF work closely with on data-related issues
- Clean data and prepare lists for the database(s)
- Maintain records describing the quality and quantity of data LCV and LCVEF have available
- Analyze demographic and socioeconomic trends in membership, volunteer, donor and voter data and recommend measures to expand stakeholder diversity
- Analyze racial, gender and economic justice impact of government policies and programs on LCVs stakeholders and population at-large
- Shares LCVs commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work experience: At least two years of related experience on either issue or electoral campaigns focused on voter contact data management and targeting. Must have experience with how modeling is utilized in campaigns.
- Strong data management and analysis skills;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical findings and concepts to non-technical audiences;
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality;
- Highly motivated, curious and collaborative;
- Proficient with VAN, Catalist and other voter file platforms and campaign data management tools;
- Proficient with SQL or relational databases;
- Familiarity with use of predictive dialer;
- Experience with a statistical programming language such as R, Stata, SAS or SPSS strongly preferred;
- Experience with Python or GIS a plus
- Experience with or interest in randomized-controlled experiments a plus
- Conditions: Ability to work overtime with little notice; able to work hours exceeding stated office hours to get the job done. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Data & Analytics Manager” in the subject line by April 11, 2018. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive and Equitable Workplace