Title: Chispa Digital Campaigns Manager
Reports To: Director of Digital Strategy
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues. LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority.
Through grassroots community organizing, issue campaigns, and civic engagement, LCV’s Chispa program is creating local wins, led by Latino families and other communities of color, that when connected, create momentum for strong national action on climate change and environmental justice. At the same time, we are growing the infrastructure and leadership in communities that result in Latino families and other communities of color having the political clout to stand up to polluters and demand accountability from decision‑makers who have turned a blind eye to environmental racism and inequities in their communities. This leadership is essential not only for individual communities, but also for ensuring that LCV and mainstream environmental organizations become more racially diverse, integrate justice and equity into their priorities and analyses, and become more inclusive organizations that better represent and reflect all communities in the U.S.
In 2014, LCV launched Chispa (“chispa” translates to “spark” in English) – a multi-state program that relies on grassroots community organizing to build the voice and power of Latino families and other communities of color to influence the environmental policies and decisions that affect their lives. Over the last four years, Chispa has grown to six states – Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Nevada and New Mexico – and is one of the largest community organizing efforts of any national environmental organization focused on Latino families and other communities of color.
LCV is seeking a bilingual and culturally competent Digital Campaigns Manager to oversee the online presence for Chispa, with a focus on building and engaging Chispa’s overall online community. The Chispa Digital Campaigns Manager will join a hard-working, skilled, and growing Membership & Online Engagement Department, working closely with Chispa’s national team and state programs in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Nevada, and New Mexico. The Chispa Digital Campaigns Manager will play an integral role in developing objectives and strategies to grow and engage the Chispa online community via social media, email, mobile, online advocacy, and online fundraising. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative writer and culturally knowledgeable individual. The Chispa Online Digital Manager should have a complex understanding of Latino communities, an unwavering commitment to racial justice, and derive inspiration from the leadership of everyday people who stand up and stand together for the health of their families, communities and our planet.
- Collaborate closely with the Membership and Chispa teams on the national digital strategy, and work independently to execute day-to-day tasks Help achieve LCV’s strategic goals of diversifying our audience. Lead the acquisition strategy to meet Chispa’s ambitious new member goals.
- Build the online presence of the Clean Buses for Healthy Niños campaign, including, but not limited to, managing the CleanRide4Kids.org website, organizing online promotions, creating compelling online media, and helping develop long-term objectives for the campaign.
- Work with the social media manager on Chispa’s social media accounts to engage and grow our online community, including day-to-day execution.
- Write compelling, creative, engaging copy for all of Chispa’s online channels.
- Manage Chispa’s presence on the LCV website.
- Work with the Data Manager and Digital Advertising Coordinator to analyze data on the acquisition of new Chispa activists and draw actionable insights to inform future strategy.
- Identify creative campaign opportunities to mobilize Chispa’s activist base and promote action on climate change, conservation, and environmental justice.
- Work with Chispa’s state and sister programs to support local and state-wide campaigns and conservation work.
- Work closely with LCV’s graphic designer to create visually compelling and shareable graphics.
- Participate actively in applying a racial justice lens to all LCV & Chispa online communications with an increased emphasis on member education of issues, environmental or otherwise, where communities of color are disproportionately impacted.
- Engage supporters and potential supporters on all levels of the marketing funnel. Find new opportunities for growth of our grassroots bas, including moving supporters from online to offline actions.
Work Experience: 2-4 years of proven experience in online organizing, email advocacy, and/or online fundraising. Experience in a political context, preferably in a Latino, progressive, or environmental organization strongly preferred.
Skills: Must be a fluent or native Spanish speaker. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Forward thinking, innovative, and creative mindset willing to push Chispa and LCV to new boundaries in the online space and in relation to environmental justice. Experience using online tools to engage and mobilize a membership base. A sense of teamwork and community; highly organized and interested in environmental or community issues desirable. Experience with CRM, CMS, and HTML coding skills a bonus.
Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
Conditions: This position is based in Washington, D.C. but qualified candidates outside of D.C. are welcome to apply.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chispa Digital Campaigns Manager” in the subject line by July 13, 2018. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive, and Equitable Workplace