Title: Campaigns Associate
Reports To: Senior Vice President for Campaigns
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. We aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
The Campaigns Associate will assist with the tracking of departmental budgets, research and preparation of material, help administer LCV’s related political committees, and offer administrative support to the SVP for Campaigns and general administrative support to the Campaigns Department.
Budget & Administrative Support
- Track Campaigns Department spending for LCV and related entities.
- Provide general administrative support to Campaigns Department, process department check requests, maintain list serves and schedule department meetings.
- Assist Campaigns SVP with scheduling and other matters.
- Record and distribute meeting notes, materials and minutes for key Board Committees and other meetings with outside organizations.
- Archive all department wide materials and documents.
Research & Organizing Reports
- Assist the SVP and National Campaigns Director in preparing electoral and issue campaign plans along with fundraising proposals.
- Organize all Campaigns Department written materials for Board, Donor and Political Ally meetings and pitches.
- Draft meeting materials for board and outside organization meetings.
- Assist the Research Director with candidate and issues research.
- Assist National Campaigns Director with outside spending reports.
- Draft Victory Reports and programs’ materials from the Climate Action teams.
Administer related PACs & FEC compliance
- Monitor LCV and related PAC independent expenditures, PAC expenses, and all relevant information reported to the FEC.
- Assist with 24-48-hour independent expenditure reporting with FEC Compliance Team.
- Organize and monitor all campaigns contracts to the legal department.
- Track and update expense dates and independent expenditure dissemination dates for the FEC Compliance Team.
- Shares LCV’s commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive structure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work experience: At least two years experience in administrative, campaign, advocacy or related work.
- Skills: Excellent writer and researcher; Experience in budget management; Excellent with PowerPoint; Well-organized, thorough & detail-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks at once with various departments to achieve shared goals. Willing to work long hours and weekends in a fast-paced campaign environment. Enjoys interacting with elected officials. Interested in environmental issues, issue advocacy and electoral campaigns.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Campaigns Associate” in the subject line by March 26, 2018. No phone calls please.
LCV is an equal opportunity employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive and Equitable Workplace