Title: Associate Social Media Manager
Reports To: Director of Digital Strategy
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state, and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social, and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
LCV is seeking an Associate Social Media Manager to help manage the organization’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram presence, with a focus on building and engaging LCV’s overall online community.
The Associate Social Media Manager will join a hard-working, skilled, and growing Membership & Online Engagement Department. The Associate Social Media Manager will work closely with the Director of Digital Strategy to craft LCV’s social media strategy, fine tune its voice and maintain its daily presence. Primary goals include growing social networks to diversify LCV’s base, mobilizing audiences to take both online and offline action on pressing environmental issues, engaging supporters on local and national campaigns, and working to help elect pro-environment candidates. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative thinker and social media expert to be a part of an innovative team that runs aggressive online campaigns to promote environmental policies and candidates.
- Manage LCV’s social media accounts to engage and grow our online community, including day-to-day execution.
- Write compelling, creative, engaging copy for all social media channels. Work with LCV’s graphic designer to create compelling visuals. Project manage videos for social use.
- Closely oversee a content calendar to ensure consistency and alignment in messaging across platforms.
- Help meet LCV’s ambitious social growth goals on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Analyze data and draw actionable insights, including regular audits.
- Identify social-only campaign opportunities to mobilize LCV’s base and promote action on climate change, conservation and environmental justice.
- Participate actively in applying a racial justice lens to all LCV online communications with an increased emphasis on member education of issues, environmental or otherwise, where communities of color are disproportionately impacted.
- Work with the Policy and Lobbying team and the Congressional Champions program to create effective messaging on social to amplify LCV priorities in a relatable way.
- Work with LCV’s state affiliates and other partner organizations to support local and statewide campaigns and conservation work.
- Work with National Field Team to expand LCV’s digital organizing and volunteer recruitment.
- Work with LCV’s Latino outreach program, Chispa, to create consistent messaging across accounts.
- Engage supporters and potential supporters on all levels of the marketing funnel. Find new opportunities for growth of our grassroots base.
Work Experience: 2-3 years of proven experience managing social media accounts and creating and curating content; experience telling an organization’s story on social platforms; ; experience using social media for lead generation both organically and through advertisements; experience partnering with coalitions or allied groups to form collaborative efforts and moments on social; advocacy, political, and/or nonprofit experience a plus but not required; experience with photography and videography a plus.
Skills: Forward thinking, innovative and creative mindset that is ready to push LCV and the environmental movement forward through social media; excellent communicator, copywriter and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions; effective working independently and ability to work in fast-paced environment; enthusiastic team player; passionate about the environment and advancing environmental justice. Familiarity in Adobe CS programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and/or Spanish language skills a plus.
Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
Conditions: Must be willing and able to work overtime and weekends as needed; ability and willingness to travel. This position is based in Washington, D.C. but qualified candidates outside of D.C. are welcome to apply.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Associate Social Media Manager” in the subject line by September 14, 2018. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive, and Equitable Workplace