North Carolina League of Conservation Voters just released a new poll showing that the majority of NC voters want to see government response to climate change akin to the response to COVID-19.
- 56% of North Carolina voters on both sides of the aisle think a mobilization akin to the government’s response to the coronavirus is required to ward off the worst public health and economic impacts of climate change
- 73% of NC Democrats polled say coronavirus-level mobilization is required for climate change
- 77% of NC African Americans across both political parties say coronavirus-level mobilization is required for climate change
- Only 31% of North Carolinians approve of Sen. Thom Tillis’ job performance (47% disapprove, 22% not sure)
- 51% of North Carolinians on both sides of the aisle approve of Gov. Roy Cooper’s job performance
- 55% of NC voters on both sides of the aisle think President Trump and Senator Tillis should develop a national plan that would transition the U.S. to 100% clean energy and require net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
NCLCV’s statement on the findings and the full poll results are available here and below.
# # #
The North Carolina League of Conservation Voters (NCLCV) is a pragmatic, results-oriented, nonpartisan advocacy organization whose mission is to protect the health and quality of life for all North Carolinians. We elect environmental champions, advocate for environmental policies that protect our communities, and hold elected leaders accountable for their decisions. We have worked for 50 years to create the political environment that will protect our natural environment.